PNB AADHAAR PAY
PNB AADHAAR PAY is a digital payment solution which enables the Punjab National Bank merchants (Individual or Sole Proprietor having Aadhaar Number) to accept payments for goods/services using his android smartphone and Biometric scanner from customers having Aadhaar seeded bank account after Biometric authentication from Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
Features of the “PNB Aadhaar Pay”:
- Aadhaar Pay” will enable customers to facilitate cashless purchases from the Merchants in a cost effective and scalable manner, supporting the government’s initiatives towards boosting cashless transactions.
- The application has been made available only for Individual Merchants, i.e. only those who maintain either a Sole Proprietorship or Individual account with Bank, which should necessarily be Adahaar seeded. Businessmen/ Merchants in other categories such as Partnership Firms, Companies, Societies etc. are not eligible for this platform.
- It does not require a buyer (customer) to carry debit/credit cards, install various payment applications on his phone, type detailed USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) codes to transfer money, or to have a phone to do cashless payments.
- Real time credit in Merchant’s account.
- Interoperable –Customer can make payment from Aadhaar Seeded Account in any Bank.
To get Onboard as Merchant:
The merchants (Only Individuals or Sole Proprietor) need to have the following to start using PNB AADHAAR PAY:
- Aadhaar seeded account with PNB.
- UIDAI Certified Biometric Reader.
- Android smartphone with Android version 4.2 or higher with internet connectivity and OTG support for connecting biometric device.
As a Customer:
The only requirement for the customer is to have an Aadhaar seeded Bank account, Aadhaar number & Biometric (Fingerprints).
How does a merchant get registered for PNB AADHAAR PAY?
Merchant needs to contact nearest PNB branch to get registered on PNB AADHAAR PAY.